About the Teaching and Learning Center
What we are
The mission of the Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) at SUNY Geneseo is to reinforce the importance of teaching excellence as a fundamental responsibility of a public university. Through collaboration with faculty and administration, the Center supports a learning culture that values and rewards teaching, facilitates reflective dialogue about teaching and learning, encourages the development of teaching as a practice and a scholarly activity, invites innovation in curricular development, and encourages the creation of diverse learning environments in which all students can learn and excel.
Who we are
TLC Office: Erwin 217B
Phone: (585) 245-5597
Alexis has worked at SUNY Geneseo since 2017. She joined the campus as the initial executive director of SUNY OER Services, a system-wide role supporting open educational resource program development. She transitioned to the Educational Technology team of Geneseo's CIT in 2019, serving as senior instructional support specialist helping faculty develop and improve accessible course content. Alexis received her bachelor's degree in literature and creative writing from the University of North Carolina at Asheville, and her master's degree from Northern Arizona University. She has spent over 15 years teaching in higher education, developing a passion for hybrid and online instruction. Since transitioning into instructional design, instructional technology, and educational administration roles, she maintains her drive to expand access and foster a broad sense of belonging in higher education.
Secretary, Erwin 205
The composition of the TLC Advisory Board strives for broad representation of the campus community.
- Amy Fisk, Assistant Dean for Accessibility
- Laurie Fox, Director of Educational Technology, CIT
- Elizabeth McManus, Lecturer & Coordinator of French Program, Global Languages and Cultures
- Melanie Medeiros, Associate Professor, Anthropology & Director, Center for Integrative Learning
- Olaocha Nwabara, Assistant Professor, English
- Pallavi Panda, Associate Professor, School of Business
- David Parfitt, Interim Associate Provost for Academic Success
- robbie routenberg, Chief Diversity Officer
- Brandon West, Head of Research Instruction Services, Fraser Hall Library
- Thea Yurkewecz-Stellato, Assistant Professor, School of Education
Where we are
Many of the TLC's programs and events take place in Erwin 217, or the Erwin Conference Room 206. We also move around the campus and take advantage of the range of meeting spaces to suit different goals. Some programs continue to be offered virtually to be as inclusive as possible.