The campus photographer’s primary responsibility is to support the revenue-generating goals of the admissions, advancement, and marketing teams. They supply images for the college's external publication outlets, including websites, social media, and print publications; they do not supply images for communications or promotions to internal audiences. First priority is given to major events, including events hosted by the president, commencement and convocations, college-wide celebrations, notable guests, and major alumni events. Lower priority is given to images without known usage, such as event documentation.
The priority for photo requests are listed in order, with Level 1 having the highest priority. Items within each level are in no particular order. Photography services is not guaranteed for every request/event.
Level 1: College photographer
- Admissions and recruitment photography
- News stories for press release
- High profile alumni and/or advancement events
- Alumni magazine (The Scene)
- Major annual events (commencement, convocation, First Knight, GREAT Day, Reunion, etc.)
- Historic events and renown speakers with broad appeal
- Employee headshots
- Stock photography of student and campus life
Level 2: Photographed by students or freelancers
- Speakers not covered under Level 1
- Conferences, symposiums and other campus events
- Administrative or academic departmental needs (speakers, panel discussions, events, portraits, classroom photos, etc.)
Level 3: Photographed by students or freelancers
- Student headshots
- Group Photos
- Employee-centered events (Images intended for internal circulation only)
The manager of multimedia maintains a list of student and freelance photographers to provide coverage for Level 2 & 3 events, depending on availability. Submitting a request for photography does not guarantee coverage.