We provide our students with the freedom to grow and explore through opportunities that allow them to embrace challenges and welcome novel ways of critical thinking.
- Retention rates are among the top three among SUNY Institutions; 85.2 percent for first time to college (national avg: 75.4 percent)
- Award-winning and one-of-a-kind Geneseo Opportunities for Leadership Development (GOLD) program help students build a portfolio of leadership and personal skills.
Our integrative and transformational learning environment empowers our students to pursue their academic, personal and career goals.
- We offer a rich menu of over 50 undergraduate degree programs and 25 interdisciplinary minors as well as graduate programs in education and accounting.
- We offer several nationally recognized programs:
- Geography (#1 in the nation: American Association of Geographers: Bachelors Program Excellence, 2018)
- Bachelors Program Excellence, 2018)
- Libraries (#1 College Library in the nation; Association of College & Research Libraries: Excellence in Academic Libraries, 2018)
- Physics (#1 in the nation for physics degrees conferred by undergraduate-only programs: American Institute of Physics)
- Highly successful intercollegiate sports programs:
- 12 opportunities for women and 8 for men.
- Student-athletes are also successful academically:
- 83.9 percent 6-year grad rate.
- #1 public and #11 out of 450 NCAA DIII institutions
- 5 SUNYAC Commissioners’ Cups
From internships and leadership programs, to study abroad and research opportunities, we offer multiple paths to success and advancement.
- 37 percent of seniors studied abroad, significantly higher than the 13 percent national and SUNY rate per the NSSE 2017.
- Over 1,000 international study programs offered.
- Two thirds (67 percent) of Geneseo seniors report holding a formal leadership role in student organizations or groups compared to 37 percent of SUNY comprehensive seniors, again a significantly higher percentage for Geneseo (NSSE 2017).
- 59 percent of seniors completed internships, significantly higher than SUNY peers (NSSE 2017).
- 3336 available internships.
- 200+ student clubs and organizations.
- 4,000+ on-campus and community events, programs and activities per year.