The Geneseo Opportunities for Leadership Development (GOLD) program offers unique workshops to help students develop the personal skills and knowledge necessary for future success in both life and career.
The GOLD mission is accomplished through education, development, and training of students in an extensive series of personal development programs, institutes, leadership certificates, service learning, volunteer work, and active engagement in college and community life.
Dear New First-Year and Transfer Students,
Greetings from the Geneseo Opportunities for Leadership Development (GOLD) Program!
Geneseo attracts a certain kind of student. Geneseo students are interested in complex issues, actively take on local and global challenges, give back to their communities, and are dedicated to personal growth. I love Geneseo because I know it facilitates these opportunities for our creative, passionate, kind, and thoughtful students. As a proud SUNY Geneseo alum, and a dedicated member of our professional staff, I know that from experience!
Geneseo creates the conditions for students to engage their interests while exploring new curiosities at Geneseo. As the director of the GOLD program, I want to personally invite you to join GOLD! If you are not familiar with the GOLD program, here are five things you should know:
1. The GOLD program offers unique workshops to help students develop the skills and knowledge necessary for future success in both life and career.
2. The GOLD Program is open to all Geneseo students. You do not have to apply to be a member of the GOLD program. All are welcome. Geneseo students can register and attend workshops whenever they want! You can start your first week on-campus or whenever you want to learn new life and leadership skills during your time at Geneseo!
3. The program is 100% free to all Geneseo students!
4. All Geneseo students already have a GOLD account. To login to your GOLD account, click here!
5. Our amazing 100% volunteer GOLD Leader Mentor staff helps runs the GOLD program. This student staff is here to support your development and enhance your experience in the GOLD program. They are excited to work with you this fall! To ‘meet’ our staff, please visit: https://www.geneseo.edu/gold/meet-our-gold-leader-mentors
GOLD offers a variety of leadership certificates to students. To check out these certificates, I encourage you to visit: https://www.geneseo.edu/gold/certificates.
Although we encourage students to earn our leadership certificates, it is not a requirement to be a member of the GOLD program. If you just want to learn a new skill or experience self-growth, take a single workshop on an exciting topic like time management, listening skills, team building, leadership identity development, applying relational leadership, and so much more! We offer over 300+ workshops each year, so you have a lot to choose from! Right now, as part of the 2020 virtual orientation, you can register for an online version of our introductory workshop to the GOLD program called Leadership Concepts. Interested? Feel free to sign-up today: https://www.geneseo.edu/gold/app/browse
On a personal note – I am not only an alum of Geneseo, but I am also an alum of the GOLD program. As a student, I earned multiple certificates and served on the GOLD leader mentor staff for five-semesters. The GOLD program inextricably changed my life. It gave me a community, access to life-changing opportunities, and positioned me for success after graduation. Since 2000, the GOLD program has positively impacted the lives of thousands of Geneseo students. My mission is to continue GOLD’s legacy of supporting all Geneseo students on their journey of self-exploration, discovery, and development.
We look forward to welcoming you to the GOLD Leadership Center (MCU 114)! However, if you are interested in learning more about GOLD, click here and complete our GOLD Interest Form. Also connect with us sooner by following us on Twitter (@GeneseoGOLD), Instagram (GeneseoGold), Facebook (GeneseoGOLD), and at our website: https://www.geneseo.edu/gold
Again, the GOLD Leader Mentor Staff and I welcome you to Geneseo!
Nicholas P. Palumbo, Asst. Dean of Students for Leadership and Service
Meet The GOLD Staff
GOLD Leadership Center
MacVittie College Union, Room 114
One College Circle
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Assistant Dean of Students for Leadership and Service
MacVittie College Union, Room 353B
One College Circle
8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.