Journals and Reflections
Journal reflections are required to receive credit for attending a GOLD workshop. In the header at the top of each journal, write your name and GOLD account number, the title of the workshop, and the date of the workshop.
Write your thoughts and reactions in three sections by completing the following three thoughts:
- I learned...(briefly summarize the information or concepts you learned at this workshop)
- My story connected to this workshop is...(a real and specific personal experience that relates to the material covered in this workshop)
- I am planning to...(an example or examples of how you plan to use the content of this workshop in the future)
- Wait one or two weeks after a workshop to write your reflection. There are no deadlines for submitting journal reflections.
- Submit by going to your GOLD Account
- On the student dashboard, once your attendance has been confirmed in your account (under the "Workshop Progress" section), you may submit your journal.
- Credit for submitting journals will normally be confirmed within a week of submission.
- The confirmation will appear as "completed" in the GOLD account.
For assistance with the Leadership Certificate Program or journal reflections, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.