Rush | Recruitment
— Spring 2023 —
- Rush/recruitment activities are scheduled to begin on Saturday, January 28 and will run for two weeks, ending with Bid Day on Saturday, February 11.
- To join ANY Greek organization, fill out the Knightweb Form by noon on February 9. Any appeals will be due by noon the following day, Friday, February 10.
- Sorority recruitment begins with a mandatory Round Robin event that will be held Saturday, January 28 at 11 a.m. Please report to Newton 202.
- If you are rushing a sorority, the Knightweb Form must be filled out prior to Round Robin.
- Students interested in National/Panhellenic rush must sign up on Campus Director, in addition to filling out the Knightweb Form.
- Fraternity recruitment begins on Saturday, January 28. Interested students can go to the Fraternity Rush event in the Ballroom from 2-4pm.
- A mandatory hazing prevention workshop will be held for all New Members (those accepting a bid to pledge) and New Member Educators on Sunday, February 12 in Newton 202.
- New Members are scheduled from 2–3 p.m.
- New Member Educators and Presidents are scheduled from 3–4 p.m.
- A mandatory New Member Conference will be held for all new members (those accepting a bid to pledge) on Sunday, February 19 from 12–3 p.m. in Newton 202.
Official Schedule for Spring Recruitment
Eligibility Requirements for Social Fraternities & Sororities
In order to be eligible for membership in any of the social fraternal organizations (members of the Inter Greek Council) students must:
- Be a full-time matriculated student with at least 12 (post-high school) credit hours, or the equivalent of one full semester earned at SUNY Geneseo.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0. Some organizations may require a higher minimum cumulative GPA for membership. For Panhellenic Recruitment, the expectation is 2.5. "Returning Student Appeals" form for eligibility #1 and/or #2).
- First semester transfer students with demonstrated academic and overall success at their previous institution(s) can be considered for eligibility status by appealing for immediate eligibility to the Office of Fraternal Life. Students appealing for eligibility status must provide the Office of Fraternal Life with a copy of their unofficial transcript(s) from their transfer institution(s). *To appeal for eligibility status, please Complete the on-line “Transfer Student Appeal for Immediate Membership Eligibility” form. Appeals for eligibility status must be completed by noon on Friday, February 10.*
Some organizations (such as Panhellenic sororities) have established a higher minimum GPA requirement and will make their own determinations of who is/isn’t eligible for membership into their respective organizations. First semester students, and those below the minimum GPA requirement, are ineligible to pledge. Students found violating this policy may be subject to College conduct action, which could result in the suspension of your privileges to join a Greek organization and could also result in the suspension of the sorority/fraternity.
This requirement does not apply to the four co-ed professional/service organizations. These organizations each have a unique set of membership eligibility requirements and independent processes, dates, and timelines for becoming a member. These groups are: Alpha Phi Omega (APO), Alpha Kappa Psi (AKPsi), Phi Alpha Delta (PAD), and Phi Delta Epsilon (PhiDE).
College policy dictates that students may seek membership in any registered fraternal organization for which they meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the list of registered organizations.
Registered Geneseo fraternities/sororities may not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or sexual orientation. Additionally, several organizations and the Panhellenic Council have adopted transgender inclusive membership policies. For more information regarding this and those organizations who have completed Safe Zone training, please visit our Pillar Advocacy page.
Sign Up Now
To be considered eligible for a bid (offer of membership), all students must complete the Fraternity/Sorority Membership Eligibility Form found in the Survey section of their Knightweb account. The deadline to complete this form is noon on Thursday, February 9. No extensions will be granted and no offers of membership can be extended to any student who has not completed this form, or received approval from the Dean of Students, in the case of new transfer students.
How to Access
Login to your MyGeneseo portal > go to the Knightweb Main Menu >> go to the "Surveys" tab >>> select the "Fraternity/Sorority Membership Eligibility Form"
To participate in Panhellenic (national) sorority recruitment, students must register here. Registration closes Saturday, January 28 at 8 p.m.