Geneseo Partner Training Portal
About SUNY Geneseo
Founded in 1871, Geneseo is one of the premier public liberal arts colleges in the country. Nationally recognized for excellence and value in the liberal arts, Geneseo is known for its exceptional faculty, its welcoming atmosphere, and its reputation for producing fiercely loyal alumni.
Located on 220 acres in the historic Village of Geneseo, a short drive from Rochester and Buffalo, Geneseo offers a uniquely warm, familial environment for learning and discovery. The campus embodies the traditions of northeastern colleges with its brick walkways, shade trees and flourishing ivy.
- Total student population: 5541
- 5447 Undergraduate; 94 Graduate
- Total International Students: 57 from 23 countries
- 50 Undergraduate Degree programs
- 1:18 Faculty to Student Ratio
- 23 Median Class size
- First-year retention rate: 85.2%
- 60% of graduates complete an internship
- 3,336 Internships are available through Geneseo's Career Design Center
- 40% of graduating seniors undertook a research project
Deadlines for Applying: June 1 for Fall semester (beginning in August) and November 1 for Spring semester (beginning in January).
- Complete the Common Application or SUNY Application
- Submit academic records with English translations
- Freshman Applicants: Official secondary school transcripts from all secondary schools attended as well as any official external examination results (IGCSE, WASSCE, IB, etc.)
- Transfer Applicants: Official university transcripts from all institutions attended. Course descriptions may be required for transfer credit evaluations. If you have completed fewer than 24 credit hours at a university, please also submit secondary school transcripts.
- Final transcripts will be required as soon as they are available.
- Proof of English Proficiency (Institution Code: 2540)
- TOEFL (minimum score 75)
- IELTS (minimum score 6.5 overall, no sub-section below 6.0)
- SAT Critical Reading score 600+
- Completion of ELS Language Centers level 112
- Completion of IPP Program at SUNY Morrisville
- Students that complete at least 2 semesters at a U.S., U.K., Canadian, or Australian university with a 3.0 or better will be considered for an English Proficiency waiver.
- Students that have graduated from U.S. high schools, or from English-medium high schools outside the U.S. will be considered for an English Proficiency waiver.
- One Letter of Recommendation from a teacher or professor.
- A short Personal Statement detailing your interest in your particular major and why you have chosen SUNY Geneseo.
- Financial Statement of Support (Estimated first-year, total expenses: $33,485)
- Copy of the ID page of your passport
- SAT or ACT scores are not required for international applicants, however, if you have taken the exam and wish to submit your scores, the International Admission Committee is happy to consider them.
Admission and Acceptance
You will be notified of the admission decision by email and by mail. In order to confirm your intent to enroll, you must follow the following steps:
- Accept Admission and Scholarship offers by emailing email@example.com.
- Submit $500 USD Deposit. Submitting your deposit secures your place in the incoming class. The deposit is applied directly to your tuition, housing, and health insurance costs. Deposits can be paid through Flywire
- Affirm Student Code of Conduct and Set up Knightweb and Geneseo Email accounts.
- Submit Residence Life Housing Application
- Prepare all official documents (final transcripts, exam results, test scores) to be submitted.
- Get ready for New International Student Orientation!
- Complete Health and Immunization Requirements
Cost and Scholarship
International Student Estimated 2019-2020 Annual Costs
All costs are listed in USD. Costs are subject to change without notice.
Tuition and Fees (Including Fall and Spring Semesters): $18,787
Room and Meals: $12,906
Health Insurance: $1,792
Total estimated cost per year: $33,485
Many international students will qualify for an academic scholarship. Academic scholarships range from $1000 to $6000 per year and are based on any available grades, test scores, recommendations, and personal statements.
Content to Share
Please download the SUNY Geneseo PPT for information that you can share with your counselors and students!
- International Relations
- School of Business (Business Administration, Accounting, & Economics)