Total Credits required to complete major: 33-36.
- FREN 202: Intermediate French II: 0-3 credits
- FREN 301: Written Communication: 3 credits
- FREN 302: Introduction to Literature: 3 credits
- FREN 450, 455, 460, 465, 474, 475: Two courses in literature: 6 credits
- FREN 335 or 416: One course in grammar: 3 credits
- FREN 317 or 423: One course in linguistics: 3 credits
- FREN 313, 314, 325, 326: One course in civilization: 3 credits
- FREN 477: Senior Seminar: 3 credits
- Three electives at the 300 and/or 400 level: 9 credits
- Note: A minimum of 33 credits of French at the 300 and 400 levels is required for the major. A minimum of 15 credits (including 301 and 302) must be taken at Geneseo.
Study of a second language and Study Abroad
Minimum Competence Requirement
A grade of C- or better is required in all 300- and 400-level courses in fulfillment of requirements for the major.
All students whose FIRST MAJOR is French or Adolescence Education: French are required to pass the departmental writing examination. This examination may not be attempted more than three times.