Let's Talk is suspended for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Let’s Talk provides space for a brief helping conversation.
Students can meet with a licensed counselor in a more casual atmosphere at various drop-in locations around campus (see below).
Please note that Let's Talk is not meant to act as, nor to replace, therapy. If you are interested in exploring therapy, initial appointments can be made by visiting the student health portal at myhealth.geneseo.edu (after 8/31/20).
- Let's Talk is confidential and convenient.
- It is FREE to all members of the campus community.
- This service will resume once staffing is resolved, but is temporarily unavailable. Please check back for updated information, including times and locations.
Let’s Talk is designed to provide students with convenient access to informal and confidential consultations with counselors from Counseling Services, a part of the Department of Student Health & Counseling. Although Let’s Talk counselors are licensed professionals, Let’s Talk conversations are not therapy. These consultations are not a substitute for regular counseling, and they do not constitute mental health treatment.
We highly recommend that you seek treatment from Counseling Services or elsewhere if you currently meet any or all of the following conditions:
- Require more than a brief consultation to address your needs;
- Are experiencing a high level of distress;
- Feel extremely depressed or anxious;
- Have active thoughts of harming yourself or someone else.
As noted above, initial appointments can be made by visiting the student health portal at myhealth.geneseo.edu (after 8/31/20). Additional after-hours assistance can be accessed by visiting our Crisis & Emergency Resource page.