Support for DACA and Undocumented Students

Housing for Campus Breaks

Requests for breaks can be made by contacting the Office of Multicultural Affairs. Please include:

  • Name
  • G-Number
  • Dates you will need to stay on campus during break

Food Security

Geneseo Food Pantry students may obtain an eligibility letter from the Office of Financial Aid, this letter can be submitted to the Geneseo Pantry.  The Geneseo Pantry is located at 31 Center Street, Geneseo, NY. This resource can be used during most breaks and can provide up to 3 days worth of food. Hours: Tuesday and Thursday 10 AM-2PM, Wednesday 4PM-6:30PM 

Geneseo Student Emergency Fund

Through the generosity of John ('86) and Caryn ('85) Camiolo to assist any Geneseo student who is facing unforeseen expenses. Acceptable emergencies include: 

  • Travel expenses home for a family emergency
  • Unexpected medical or dental expenses not covered by personal health insurance
  • Loss of clothes or possession due to a fire, flood, theft or other events
  • Rent, utilities, temporary housing, food and other essential living expenses

If you have any questions regarding the emergency fund, please contact Leonard Sancilio, the Dean of Students located in 354 College Union, as well as the Office of Financial Aid located in 104 Erwin Hall. 

Important Travel Information

Paid Internships or Jobs

Several on-campus jobs are paid from foundation or private funds directly through student accounts, including as an example the CIDD Ambassador positions. Interested students are best to ask individual staff/faculty members in their hiring process through departments, project-based employment, and research labs. These opportunities vary across campus and are not stored centrally. 

Geneseo Community Organizations

You might be wondering what you can expect from law enforcement beyond campus. The Geneseo Village Police have a policy that prohibits them from calling federal immigration authorities in matters of civil violation; however, they are permitted to call in cases of criminal violation. Here are a few articles that reference these policies:

You might also find interest in the Geneseo Migrant Center.

New York Resident Tuition Policy

The residency determination is made based on the high school you graduated from and will be handled by the Office of Financial Aid. If you graduated from a high school in New York State, you should be receiving in state tuition. However if you are not receiving in state tuition please complete the link below:

DACA Renewal Training for Students

Cornell Law School faculty are happy to conduct DACA renewal training for students at SUNY Geneseo. Please contact Dr. Sasha Eloi-Evans, Office of Multicultural Programs & Services,, if you would like to take advantage of this service.  Stephen W. Yale-Loehr Miller Mayer, LLP 215 East State Street, Suite 200 P.O. Box 6435 Ithaca, New York 14851-6435 Phone: 607-273-4200, ext. 318 Fax: 607-272-6694 Email: WWW:

Additional Resources

SUNY's Frequently Asked Questions on Immigration Policy and Law Relating to Students. 

Scholarships for Undocumented Students 

Compiled by the Dream Educational Empowerment Program (DEEP), a program of the United We Dream National Network 

Immigrant-Led Organizations 

List provided by United We Dream National Network