Geneseo students are welcome to cross-register for courses at other SUNY Campuses. Fill out the SUNY Cross-Registration form using your Geneseo login to get started.
Geneseo Guidelines for Cross-Registration
- You are limited to six (6) credits of undergraduate cross-registered coursework per semester (exceptions to this policy must be approved by the Dean of Academic Planning and Advising).
- The combined total of the home and host institution may not exceed 19 credits.
- Students may take a course at another institution ONLY if the course is NOT offered at SUNY Geneseo.
- You must have the approval of both the home and host institution. All students must submit a transfer course pre-approval form to the Office of the Dean in Erwin 106. You are responsible for ensuring that the course(s) you register for meet the requirements of your degree. If you change your major/minor, the courses you cross-register for may no longer count toward degree requirements.
- Please be advised that even if you have the permission of the instructor or have satisfied all pre-requisites/co-requisites necessary for enrollment at the host institution, you must still complete the registration process through the appropriate office at the host institution to be considered officially registered in a course.
- The online application must be submitted before the end of Geneseo's DROP/ADD deadline. Registration dates and deadlines vary by college. You are responsible for contacting the host institution for registration related dates and deadlines and determining which office(s) are responsible for signing your form.
- You will be responsible for the attendance and academic requirements of the course even if home and host calendars do not coincide.
- Enrollment changes may impact your eligibility for financial aid for the current term and/or future terms, (e.g. dropping below full-time). Please consult your Financial Aid Office regarding academic eligibility for financial aid, including satisfactory academic progress standards.
- You are responsible for notifying the appropriate offices on BOTH campuses if you withdraw from a course(s) (Registrar, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, etc.). Failure to do so can result in a failing grade at the host institution.
- Your signature on the Cross-Registration Agreement indicates your agreement to abide by all regulations imposed by the host institution (parking, attendance, library rules, etc.). In addition the host institution may apply rules and regulations to incoming students as it deems necessary (e.g., restrictions on classes based on seat availability). Be sure you are aware of those rules before you cross-register.
- Geneseo students have priority for all Geneseo courses, so popular courses may be closed to cross-registrants because of space limitations.
- All course-related fees in excess of tuition are the responsibility of the student (e.g., lab fees).
- Any Health Center (immunization/records/physical exam, etc.) requirements must be met at BOTH institutions, even if they differ.
- Students that cross-register at Community Colleges: You must file residency documents at the host institution. This means you will need to provide the Community College a Certificate of Residency (must be obtained from the county of your permanent residence).
- Registration is the responsibility of the student. You must check with the host institution to confirm how they plan to process your form, enrollment, and any necessary additional information or paperwork required to complete the enrollment process.
How to Process Your Cross-Registration
- Seek advisement on the courses you wish to take. Consider whether or not they meet degree requirements and complete the course approval and cross-registration form.
- Obtain the signature of the Dean of Academic Planning and Advising in Erwin 106 and the Registrar in Erwin 102.
- Obtain the signature of the appropriate official at the host institution responsible for Cross-Registration (Registrar, Student Accounts, etc.).
- Complete any required application forms for the host institution.
- Return the completed cross-registration agreement form to Geneseo Registrar’s Office in Erwin 102 immediately upon registering with the host institution. Failure to return the Agreement will result in not being registered for the intended cross-registered course(s).