In some circumstances, Geneseo students may be able to cross-register for courses at other SUNY Campuses. All cross-registration requests are processed through the SUNY Cross-Registration form, which you can access with your Geneseo login.
Please note that not all SUNY institutions accept cross-registration requests for Summer or Intersession courses. Please contact the institution to see whether your Summer/Intersession cross-registration request will be approved, or whether you'll need to register directly as a non-matriculated student.
- Students may register for a course at another institution ONLY if the course is NOT offered at SUNY Geneseo.
- You are limited to six (6) credits of undergraduate cross-registered coursework per semester. Exceptions to this policy must be approved by the Dean of Academic Planning and Advising. The combined total of the home and host institution coursework may not exceed 19 credits.
- Enrollment changes may impact your eligibility for financial aid for the current term and/or future terms, (e.g. dropping below full-time). Please consult the Financial Aid office regarding academic eligibility for financial aid, including satisfactory academic progress standards. You are responsible for notifying the appropriate offices on BOTH campuses if you withdraw from a course(s) (Registrar, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, etc.). Failure to do so can result in a failing grade at the host institution. All course-related fees in excess of tuition are the responsibility of the student (e.g., lab fees).
- If you cross-register at a community college, you will be required to file a Certificate of Residency from your home county with the host institution.
- Seek advisement on the course(s) you wish to take, and submit this request form to the DAPA office to be sure your course will transfer. Be sure to check the master schedule at the host institution to ensure that seats are available in your requested class.
- Complete the SUNY Cross-Registration form before the end of Geneseo's Add/Drop period. Your request will be reviewed and approved by the Office of the Dean of Academic Planning (DAPA) and the Office of the Registrar, then will be passed to the host institution for review.
- Complete any required application forms for the host institution. Please note that even if you have permission of the instructor and/or have satisfied all necessary prerequisites, you must still complete all registration processes required by the host institution to be considered officially registered in a course.
- Follow all instructions sent by Geneseo or by the host institution through the cross-registration portal to ensure that you are registered appropriately.