AOP Tutor Policies and Procedures
AOP tutors are accomplished students who provide academic support to AOP students as needed. The following page contains information, rules and procedures for AOP tutors.
- AOP tutoring operates from September 20 - December 10, 2021.
- Tutors are each assigned a subject
- Tutors are responsible for the courses and number of hours listed in the hiring email (example: CHEM 116, 119, 211, 216 for 6 hours per week)
- Tutors will be given a block of time based on consistent availability (example: MWF from 4:00-6:00 p.m. in Sturges 102)
For the entirety of each scheduled session, tutors are available for appointments. If no appointments are scheduled, the tutor is available for walk-ins.
Students use geneseo.campus.eab.com (Navigate) to make appointments. Tutors may check Navigate to see if a student has scheduled a 15-minute, 30-minute or 45-minute appointment. Tutors may also link their Google calendar to Navigate to see their scheduled appointments through their calendar.
- 15 minutes: quick questions, help with single homework problem
- 30 minutes: individual sessions. Lengthier homework help, struggling with concepts, class review
- 45 minutes: group sessions, exam review, group projects, homework help, struggling with concepts, class review
- If a student cancels, tutors will use that time for walk-ins
- If a tutor needs to cancel a session, they must (a) notify any students who have scheduled appointments and (b) book themselves on their linked Google calendar so no other students may book an appointment, and (c) email email@example.com with notification of the cancelled session; make the subject line "cancelled session"
- Making up missed sessions for the week is not allowed
When tutors arrive for their session, they must swipe their ID to check in with the CATS mentor Erwin 202
- Once checked in, tutors should immediately proceed to their tutoring area and begin tutoring
- The Navigate tutor form should be completed when each student arrives
When the tutoring session is over, tutors must sign out with the CATS mentor in Erwin 202
- If no CATS mentor is on duty, tutors should swipe their ID as normal
- Erwin 202 and Erwin 222.
- AOP Tutoring is limited to the AOP Learning Center
- AOP Learning Center is open from 9 a.m.– 9 p.m.
- Tutors are assigned a scheduled room before the semester tutoring begins
Tutor Code of Conduct
AOP tutors must:
- Maintain confidentiality: the sharing of information regarding students outside of the department is absolutely forbidden; tutors found violating this will be terminated immediately
- Be professional in the role of tutor
- Be prepared for appointments and follow through in addressing any questions or areas of concern
- Be on time and keep appointments
- Be focused on student concerns and needs
- Provide a safe learning environment
- Sign all tutoring contracts
- Tutors must complete online timesheets every other week (refer to payroll PowerPoint for instructions on how to complete new payroll system)
- Timesheets must be submitted every other Wednesday by noon; tutors are responsible for keeping track of their hours
- Timesheet that do not match the sign-in log will be rejected
- Paychecks are issued on a two-week lag
Onyx Academic Success Certificate Perks
- Tutors who complete four tutor-centered GOLD workshops will receive an AOP Tutoring jacket
- Tutors who earn the Onyx Academic Success Certificate and the Tutor Program Completion Award will receive a $.50 raise the following semester
- Tutors who earn the Onyx Academic Success Certificate will be recognized at the AOP Student Recognition Dinner
AOP Office Contact Information
Office Location: Blake C 2nd floor
Tutor Sign In/Sign Out: Erwin 202
Erwin 202 C
Erwin 222 A
Blake C 214