Tutoring Services for AOP Students
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR AOP STUDENTS
If you need extra help in a course and prefer individualized or small group tutoring, you can schedule an appointment with a highly accomplished tutor to assist you in your learning.
Our tutors have taken these courses, achieving a B+ or higher, and have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0. Students interested in applying to be a tutor must be mature role models and possess an understanding of their unique responsibility as stewards of the AOP support services. Tutorial services are funded by the AOP Department and the TRiO Student Support Services grant.
AOP students may continue to book appointments with tutors via Navigate. For fall 2021 our default meeting mode will be in-person, utilizing the AOP Learning Center in Erwin 202 and 222. If you would prefer a virtual tutoring session please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AOP tutoring is designed to:
- Facilitate practice of course materials
- Provide clarification and increase understanding
- Provide test/quiz review
- Answer questions
- Model and show how to use effective study skills
- Encourage and motivate
- Assist student in improving GPA/grade within a course
- Support students in achieving their personal goals
You can book 15, 30 or 45 minute appointments. If you did not book a session, there are walk-in appointments available but students who make an appointment will be given priority.
15 Minutes: Quick questions, help with single home-work problem, etc.
30 Minutes: Individual sessions. Lengthier home-work help, struggling with concepts, class review, etc.
45 Minutes: Group sessions, exam review, group projects, homework help, struggling with concepts, class review, etc. All students in the group must be in the same program.
Scheduling an Appointment
Select a tutor and appointment time using Navigate. The usual length of an appointment is 30 minutes.
- Go to Navigate and sign in
- Click on “Get Assistance” in the upper right
- In the drop-down menu, select “Academic Support” and the relevant type of service: “Tutoring”
- In the next drop-down menu, select “AOP Learning Center" or "SSS Learning Center" *if you are not sure which learning center is appropriate for you please talk with your AOP/SSS advisor
- Next, choose the subject you wish to book a tutoring appointment for
- The system should show availabilities and you can select a day and time for an appointment with one of the AOP/SSS tutors. The usual length of an appointment is 30 minutes.
Current Tutors and Coordinators
AOP Assistant Director and Tutoring Coordinator
Erwin 202c - 585-245-5725
TRiO SSS Academic Coordinator
Erwin 222a - 585-245-6322