The mission of the Biology program at Geneseo is to provide students with a broad background in biology, which can be used as a solid foundation for various careers in the biological sciences and medicine. Students in the program gain an understanding of the basic principles of genetics, ecology, evolution, cell biology, anatomy and physiology. Students also gain skills in scientific decision-making, and in presenting scientific research in oral and written formats. We also want students to appreciate and value biological diversity and to leave the program with an increased sense of stewardship for the earth.
Academic Programs in Biology
- Advice for Freshmen
- Biology Course and Program Changes and Notes ** IMPORTANT!! **
- Biology Course Descriptions, Programs and Minor - Download and open the current online Undergraduate Bulletin pdf, then click on "Biology" on the left hand side.
- Biochemistry Program
- Biology Honors Program
- BioMath Minor
- Biophysics Program
3/3 and 3/4 Programs
Please contact our Admissions Office at 585-245-5571 regarding these programs:
- 3/4 Dental with the University at Buffalo
- 3/4 Osteopathic Medicine with NYCOM
- 3/4 Optometry with SUNY Optometry
- 3/3 Physical Therapy with Upstate