Scholarships, Fellowships, and Awards
Geneseo has a robust scholarship program for its students. Additional College scholarships available only to Geneseo Chemistry and Biochemistry majors also exist. These scholarships are managed through the Geneseo Scholarship system and generously supported by the family, friends, and alumni of the Geneseo Chemistry Department.
- Dr. Charles Miskell Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. Charles Miskell was Professor in the Geneseo Chemistry Department from 1956-1985. A highly respected chemistry teacher, Dr. Miskell was also known for his active involvement in campus and community life. This scholarship is awarded to a student who is a Chemistry major, demonstrates academic excellence, and involvement in campus life. The Scholarship was established by his late wife, Mary with continued support of his family and friends.
2022 - Maddy Hymowitz
- Dr. James K. and Arleen N. Somerville Scholarship
- Arleen Somerville was a chemistry librarian at the University of Rochester, and was a pioneer in the field of chemical information. Her husband Jim was a long-time history prof at Geneseo. They have established the Somerville Scholarship to encourage and support an outstanding sophomore chemistry major.
2022 - Emily Rennells
- Dr. Paul Neureiter Memorial for Women Science Majors Scholarship
- Dr. Paul Neureiter was a Geneseo Professor, who came to the college in 1937. He was the head of ‘mathematics and natural science’ Department and he established Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Geological Science Departments. The Neureiter Memorial Scholarship was established by the family and friends of Dr. Neureiter and is given to a woman chemistry major who is outstanding and exemplifies the values of a liberal arts education.
2022 - Emily Fitzpatrick
- Richard M. Daniels Memorial Scholarship
The Chemistry Dept Alumni Summer Research Fellowship programs provide 8-week, on-campus, paid research opportunities for Geneseo Chemistry and Biochemistry students. The Fellowships provide a stipend and enable students to work with Chemistry faculty on a cutting edge research project. The Fellowships are funded by the generous support of Geneseo Chemistry alumni, including Dr. Kenny Lipkowtiz and Dr. Gerry Rhodes.
The College provides support for students applying to over 20 different research fellowships at both the undergraduate and graduate level. For more information about fellowships, and scholarships, please contact Dr. Michael Mills, SUNY Geneseo Director of National Scholarships and Fellowships, or visit his office in Erwin 116
The following sites dedicated to scholarships and fellowships will allow you to narrow your search by interest area and/or major:
- Undergraduate Scholarships & Fellowships (University of Arkansas)
- Scholarships & Fellowships (University of North Carolina)
- Graduate Scholarships & Fellowships (University of Illinois)
- Fellowships (Yale University)