Our eternal commitment to civic responsibility and the public good is a cornerstone of our liberal arts curriculum.
- #1 of 695 master’s universities in contributions to the public good (Washington Monthly).
- Recognized by the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 4 service categories.
- Ranked among Peace Corps’ Top Volunteer-Producing Colleges and Universities.
We seek to develop empathetic and productive citizens of the world. A holistic approach maximizes the personal, intellectual and emotional development of our students.
- Every year, we offer hundreds of volunteer, community service and service learning opportunities.
- A founding member of “A Call to Serve: Leaders in Education Allied for Public Service.”
We enhance civic engagement by advancing the principles of ecological, social and economic stewardship.
- Through Livingston CARES, the College has over 10 continuous years of service trips that helped rebuild hurricane-devastated area in Mississippi, with expanded service areas to Staten Island and Puerto Rico.
- Our Engage Geneseo program partners students, faculty and staff with local organizations and businesses to offer expertise, skills and support.
Through dialogue, education and diverse service experiences, we promote global understanding and further social justice.
- International students from 23 countries bring a cultural and global vibrancy to the SUNY Geneseo community.
- 37 percent of seniors have studied abroad compared to 13 percent of SUNY comprehensive seniors (NSSE 2017).
- The College is a top producer of U.S. Student Fulbright Awards.
- Numerous student-led multicultural programs and services