Running GAGG Code of Conduct
All attendees, exhibitors, invited guests and volunteers at Running GAGG are required to agree with state and federal laws, Geneseo campus policy, and the following code of conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event. We expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody.
Our event is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or personal choices of how you get your gaming geek on. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any convention venue, including scheduled and informal games, Twitter, and other online media.
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or gaming preferences
- inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images, activities, or other sexual material
- sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise creating a sexualized environment
- deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- harassing photography or recording
- sustained disruption of talks, meetings, or other events
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome sexual attention
- advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
We understand that, at times, participants will have disagreements or interpersonal conflicts that do not necessarily escalate to the point of harassment or abuse. RunningGAGG will not arbitrate such disagreements—we ask that you please leave these conflicts at home.
What to do if you witness or are subject to unacceptable behavior
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately. For in person conferences conference staff can be found at the Registration Desk in the main event area. Online conferences please visit the #Reg Desk channel or at mention @Reg Desk to get the attention of reg desk staff who can assist with moderation or other action as needed.
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact campus security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
DO NOT attempt to contact us through social media or email during a show regarding issues that need to be addressed immediately. Although we do our best to monitor such things, it is often difficult for us to do so during a busy convention. If you are able to do so safely, please find a staff member.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, they will be asked to stop immediately, and are expected to comply. The convention organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.