UAA's Traditions Challenge
Since 1976, UAA has promoted the relationship between students and alumni. Under the guidance of the Alumni Relations Office and with the financial support of the Alumni Association Endowment for Student and Alumni Engagement, UAA is dedicated to engaging every Geneseo student. The goals of UAA are to promote school spirit, preserve and document Geneseo traditions and endorse meaningful connections between students and alumni. Members develop an understanding of the value of a lasting bond with Geneseo and are prepared to be effective and supportive alumni for life.
Encouraging students to participate in a wide variety of campus and community traditions connects our students to the alumni who have come before. They share meaningful experiences and memories that uniquely tie them to each other and our alma mater.
The Traditions Challenge begins during students’ first days on campus as first-year students and continues through graduation and beyond. It features events such as First Knight and MidKnight Breakfast to encourage first-year students to be engaged on campus and to facilitate lasting friendships. The beauty of the Traditions Challenge is that friends can participate in these same traditions year after year until graduation, and then for years after as Geneseo alumni.
In the spring of 2011, the Undergraduate Alumni Association launched its first Traditions Challenge: a ten-item bucket list printed on the back of a t-shirt. Since then, the list has evolved and now includes 50 items!
1. Start your Traditions Challenge
2. Go to First Knight – keep your class pin for 4 years!
3. Capture a sunset at the Gazebo
4. Attend Geneseo Late Knight
5. Take part in a hall or floor function
6. Join a club, team or organization
7. Lounge on the College Green
8. Go to MidKnight Breakfast
9. Cheer on the Knights
10. Stroll the Roemer Arboretum
11. Pose for a picture with Victor E. Knight
12. Play broomball or intramurals
13. Work with a librarian on a research assignment
14. Declare, change or add a major/minor and/or make the Dean’s List
15. Stay in a public study space library until it closes
16. Visit a professor during office hours/attend a review session
17. Attend or present at GREAT Day
18. Visit the Kinetic or Lederer Gallery
19. Catch a student performance or production
20. Attend a GOLD Workshop
21. Participate in a local philanthropy event, 5K or Relay for Life
22. Go to a Greek function
23. Paint the tree
24. Attend an alumni lecture or networking event
25. Participate in a Cultural Event on campus
26. Take a selfie with an alumnus (see photo)
27. Dress up for a Holiday Fun Photo
28. Tune into WGSU; read a copy of the Lamron
29. Eat at all on-campus dining locations
30. Collect 5 free Geneseo shirts
31. Enjoy a sub at Aunt Cookies
32. Eat a slice at Mia’s after 10:00 p.m.
33. Watch a classic movie at the Riviera
34. Eat a "college plate" from UHots
35. Use your meal plan at the Big Tree Inn
36. Go to brunch on Main Street
37. Buy local produce at the Farmer’s Market
38. Visit Letchworth State Park
39. Get a picture in front of the fountain; Save the Bear
40. Order a margarita at Bar-Eat-O
41. Wing night with your Friends at The Village Tavern or Intermissions
42. Play Trivia at the Idle
43. Sign the wall at Kelly’s
44. Shop on Main Street
45. Pose for a senior portrait, sign-up during Senior Salute Days
46. Submit photos to the E-Yearbook [https://geneseoyearbook.smugmug.com]
47. Make Your Mark
48. Register for and attend the Toast to the Senior Class
49. Go to Last Knight (after commencement rehearsal)
50. GRADUATE – Become an ALUMNI
Download your 2020-2021 Traditions Keeper Book today - complete most of the challenges and you could win a replica Ice Knights Hockey Jersey.