UAA's Traditions Challenge
Complete at least ten unique challenges online by 12/31/21 and you'll be eligible to win our fall grand prize -- a replica Ice Knights jersey with YOUR NAME printed on the back!
Participants may be eligible for various prizes throughout the school year. Deadline for submission and consideration for the fall grand prize is Friday, December 31, 2021.
Tips for completing the 2021-2022 Traditions Challenge Google Form:
- Use a paper copy of the Traditions Challenge Tracker to track which challenges you've completed and submitted online.
- You can submit each challenge you complete in real time or save and submit multiple challenges at one time.
- If you complete the form multiple times, UAA will compile your submissions and track your progress.
- Be sure to participate using your SUNY Geneseo student email address.
2021-2022 Traditions Challenge - 150th Anniversary Edition
1. Start your Traditions Challenge
2. Go to First Knight – keep your class pin for 4 years!
3. Capture a sunset at the Gazebo
4. Attend Geneseo Late Knight
5. Take part in a hall or floor function
6. Join a club, team or organization
7. Lounge on the College Green
8. Go to MidKnight Breakfast
9. Cheer on the Knights
10. Stroll the Roemer Arboretum
11. Pose for a picture with Victor E. Knight
12. Play broomball or intramurals
13. Work with a librarian on a research assignment
14. Declare, change or add a major or minor and/or make the Dean’s List
15. Stay in a public study area until it closes
16. Visit a professor during office hours/attend a review session
17. Attend or present at GREAT Day
18. Visit the Kinetic or Lederer Gallery
19. Catch a student performance or production
20. Attend a GOLD Workshop
21. Participate in a local philanthropy, 5K or Relay for Life
22. Go to a Greek function
23. Paint the tree
24. Attend an alum lecture or networking event
25. Participate in a Cultural Event on campus
26. Take a selfie with an alum (see photo above)
27. Dress up for Holiday Fun Photos
28. Tune into WGSU; read a copy of the Lamron
29. Eat at all on-campus dining locations
30. Collect five free Geneseo shirts
31. Enjoy a sub at Aunt Cookies
32. Eat a lunch special at Mama Mia’s
33. Watch a movie or show at the Riviera Theater
34. Order a "college plate" from UHots
35. Use your Campus Cash to dine off-campus
36. Go to brunch on Main Street
37. Buy local produce at the Farmer’s Market
38. Visit Letchworth State Park
39. Get a picture in front of the fountain; Save the Bear
40. Order a margarita at Bar-Eat-O
41. Wing out with your friends at the Village Tavern or Intermissions
42. Play Trivia at the Idle Hour
43. Sign the wall at Kelly’s Saloon
44. Shop on Main Street
45. Pose for an official senior portrait
46. Submit photos to the E-Yearbook [https://geneseoyearbook.smugmug.com]
47. Make Your Mark
48. Submit your Senior Update Form (to the Office of Alumni Relations) to stay connected to your alma mater
49. Go to Last Knight (after commencement rehearsal)
50. GRADUATE – Become an ALUM
Come back to Geneseo for Reunion!
Check-out the virtual Traditions Tour produced in the fall of 2021.
Encouraging students to participate in a wide variety of campus and community traditions connects our students to the alumni who have come before. They share meaningful experiences and memories that uniquely tie them to each other and our alma mater.
The Traditions Challenge begins during students’ first days on campus as first-year students and continues through graduation and beyond. It features events such as First Knight and MidKnight Breakfast to encourage first-year students to be engaged on campus and to facilitate lasting friendships. The beauty of the Traditions Challenge is that friends can participate in these same traditions year after year until graduation, and then for years after as Geneseo alumni.