Kyrwood Summer Research Fellowship
Jason & Diana Kyrwood '95 Student/Faculty Research Endowed Fellowship
in honor of Ellen Kintz (Full time, Social Sciences)
DEADLINE: February 26, 2018, 8:00 am
The opportunity for undergraduate students to participate in research has become an important part of Geneseo’s intellectual culture. Although many students participate in research during the academic year, the most intensive and rewarding work often occurs during the summer months when both the students and their faculty mentors can devote full effort to their research without the pressures of coursework and teaching. However, most students seek summer employment to pay for some of their college costs for the following year and are unable to participate in summer research unless they receive a stipend or wages. In responding to the need to provide additional opportunities for students to participate in summer research projects, the Geneseo Foundation, in cooperation with the Research Council, sponsors undergraduate research fellowships for the Summer.
This funding provides a $3,000 ($2,000 from the Kyrwood Endowment, $1,000 from the Geneseo Foundation) for an undergraduate student to work with a faculty member in the social sciences on the faculty member's existing research project, however students may create an original project within the framework of pre-existing faculty research. Recipients must devote two consecutive summer months to the project. Funded through the Geneseo Foundation by an endowment established by Jason and Diana Kyrwood in honor of emerita faculty member Ellen Kintz.
- Must be part of an existing faculty project. Students may create an original project within the framework of pre-existing faculty research.
- Returning full time undergraduate student, at Geneseo, for the Fall 2018 semester
- Cannot receive other summer grant support as wages or stipends
- Two consecutive summer months of full time effort must be devoted to the project
- Award recipients must submit a final report of their completed research, including any planned conference presentation or publications, by October 22, 2018.
- Additional Requirements:
- completed a minimum of 30 semester hours of coursework
How To Apply
- Download: Kyrwood Summer Research Fellowship Application
- Download the Faculty Support Form. Follow instructions on form and forward to your faculty sponsor
- Complete the Application, save as a pdf with the filename format: lastname_firstname.pdf
- Complete the Kyrwood Summer Research Fellowship Submission Form and upload your application