Testing Center Procedures for Faculty
Students with approved exam accommodations may take their exams/quizzes at our Testing Center, located in the OAS (Erwin Hall 22).
To take an exam/quiz at the Testing Center, students must schedule an appointment via Accommodate 72-hours in advance of the scheduled exam/quiz. If the student has missed the 72-hour window to make an appointment, we will contact you to make arrangements. Please do not administer 'pop' quizzes without first consulting with the OAS.
Testing Appointment Procedures
Please refer to the instructions below:
1. You will receive an email notification that a testing appointment is ready for your review.
2. Log into Accommodate as 'Faculty'
3. Click on 'Courses and Exams' in the left navigation panel, choose the relevant course, and click the 'Test Center Requests' tab. Click on the student's name.
4. Review the exam details, and click 'Provide Exam/Details'. Please complete the exam form fully (you may wait 24 hours prior to the testing appointment to provide/upload a copy of the exam). Click the blue 'Submit' button. Follow these steps again to upload a copy of the exam when you are ready.
If you have any questions regarding Testing Center procedures, please contact email@example.com, or give us a call at 585-245-5112.
FYI: a) Students who arrive more than 10 minutes late for a test will not be permitted to take the test without permission of the faculty to the Testing Center. The scheduled end time will not change due to late arrival. b) Cell phones and other electronic devices are not allowed into the testing room.
Applying Extended Time in Brightspace
Students receive their exam accommodations for timed, remote assessments regardless of the location they are taking the exam/quiz. Please follow the steps below to apply extended time to exams/quizzes in Brightspace:
- Navigate to your course roster.
- Click on the context menu (the downward facing arrow) of the learner to whom you want to grant a quiz accommodation, and then click Edit Accommodations.
- To grant a learner additional time on a quiz, under Quizzes > Timing, select the Modify Time Limit check box and then grant the time either in terms of quiz time multipliers or minutes:
- To grant the additional time in terms of quiz time multipliers, select the Multiplier of original quiz time radio button and specify the number of times. For example, 1.5 times more than the original time on the quiz.
- To grant the additional time in terms of minutes, select the Extra time radio button and specify the number of extra minutes.
- Click Save
- This will apply to all future exams and quizzes for this course
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.