Geneseo Anthropological Association
The Anthropology Club at SUNY Geneseo provides a unique opportunity for students to socialize and share anthropological interests outside of the classroom setting.
Many programs are available for undergraduates. The State University of New York system offers programs at various areas throughout the world. Study abroad programs are of varying lengths. Many are for academic years or semesters, while some are summer or vacation programs. College credit can be earned on all programs.
Why You Should Join
- to become more involved in the happenings of the department
- to get to know other students who share your interests
- to find out about anthro. events in the local and regional area
- to engineer fund raising events in support of departmental projects
- to interact with faculty on a more personal and professional level
Requirements for Membership
Anthropology Club is open to all anthropology majors, minors and all students with interests in anthropology, and who have an active interest in club activities.
For More Information
Watch for signs of the next meeting...contact the Club president contact the Club advisor...contact the Department Secretary.
Lambda Alpha is the National Honor Society in Anthropology. It was founded for the purpose of encouraging, stimulating and maintaining excellence in scholarship and advancing the field of Anthropology. The Anthropology Department at Geneseo was granted the Epsilon Chapter of Lambda Alpha in 1990. The Honor Society has since striven to recognize the academic achievements of Geneseo Anthropology students. It has enriched the Anthropology program at Geneseo by supporting activities that enhance academic life within the field of Anthropology.
Lambda Alpha's annual activities include organizing an induction for new members and sponsoring colloquia during the academic year. Aside from the inductions and colloquia, Lambda Alpha's activities depend upon the desires of the membership.
- Recognition of academic achievement
- Experience of working within the organization, especially in leadership positions
- Opportunity to meet and work with other students who share your academic interest
- Opportunity to work with professors in a different way
- Opportunities to have scholarly research published in the Lambda Alpha journal
- Opportunities to take part in a national anthropology scholarship competition
Requirements for Epsilon Chapter of Lambda Alpha
The local chapter of Lambda Alpha at Geneseo is open to all second semester juniors and all seniors who satisfy the following requirements:
- must be currently enrolled at Geneseo
- have completed at least twelve (12) hours or the equivalent in academic Anthropology
- must have an average grade in these courses of not less than a 'B' or 3.0
- have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) no less than 2.5