How to Edit Pages in Drupal
Below is a how-to guide for common editing tasks in Drupal.
Click the "log in" link at the bottom of any page. Log in using your Geneseo user ID and password.
Viewing Pages in My Sites
- Click "Site Contents" in the Navigation Menu. This will display a list of the sites you can edit. Click on a given site to get a list of its pages. Contact CIT if the site you are looking for is not listed.
Edit a page
To edit a page, navigate to that page and click the "edit" button at the top of the page. When you have finished making your changes, click "save."
Undo an edit
If you make a mistake while editing a page, you can click the "undo" button at the top of the edit window (an icon of a left-pointing arrow). This will undo your last edit.
Change a page URL
- Click the "Edit" tab at the top of the page
- Click on the "URL path settings" tab
- Uncheck the box that says "Generate automatic URL alias"
- Type the new path in the text field, leaving out the "htttps://www.geneseo. edu/" part. For this example, you would type "drupal_training/page-faq"
Add a page to the left menu
- Click the 'Edit' tab for the page.
- Click on the "Menu Settings" tab.
- Enable the "add menu link" setting.
- Enter in the menu link title. Example: Page FAQ
- Select 'Parent item'. Example: <Drupal Training>
- Select the weight (the position of the menu item in the menu)
Create and Edit a Table
- On the page you wish to add a table, click the 'Edit' tab at the top of the page.
- In the 'Body' section of the editor, change the Text Format from 'Basic' to 'Advanced'.
- There are now more options in the toolbar of the editor. Click the icon denoted 'Table'.
- Select the number of rows and columns, as well as widths and heights of the table. Click 'OK'.
- Enter the desired text into the cells of the table.
- To edit the table, right-click anywhere within the table. You can insert and delete cells, rows, and columns, as well as edit the table properties (number of rows and columns, height, width).