Evacuation or Shelter-in-Place
In an emergency, call 911.
- Remain in the building until further direction is received from University Police
- Close windows and doors
- Turn off ventilation -- fans, air conditioners and heating
Building evacuations will occur when a fire alarm sounds or when notified by University Police, building administrators, other authorized personnel or NY-Alert notification. Proceed to a designated assembly area.
- In case of evacuation during an emergency, leave the building by the nearest safe, marked exit and alert others to do the same.
- Provide assistance to those who need help exiting the building.
- In case of fire, do not use elevators
- Once outside, proceed to a clear area as directed by University Police or other college officials. Keep streets, fire lanes, hydrant areas and walkways clear for emergency response vehicles and personnel. Stay away from any Command Post that may be established near the scene.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless instructed by a College official.
For emergencies at:
Or as a second option:
|Academic/Admin Buildings||Wadsworth Auditorium||Brodie Theatre|
|Merritt/Union/Clark/Holcomb||Schrader Main Lobby||Knight Spot|
|North Quad Residence Halls||Letchworth Dining Hall||Erie Lounge|
|Central Quad Residence Halls||Union Main Lobby||Schrader Lobby|
|South Quad Residence Halls||Red Jacket Dining Hall||Onondaga Lounge|
|Saratoga Townhouses||Saratoga Commons||South Hall Lobby|
|Schrader||Merritt Main Lobby||Union Main Lobby|
|Red Jacket Dining Hall||Onondaga Lounge||Saratoga Commons|
|Letchworth Dining Hall||Mary Jemison Dining Hall||Union Main Lobby|
|Mary Jemison Dining Hall||Letchworth Dining Hall||Union Main Lobby|