Frequently asked questions for new and prospective students.
- What if my family's financial situation has changed after completing my FAFSA?
If your financial situation has changed since completing the FAFSA due to divorce/separation, loss or reduction of income or other unusual circumstances, consider filing a Request for Special Conditions. This process allows us to re-calculate your eligibility for federal aid based on your current situation. For more information, please reach out to the Office of Financial Aid at 585-245-5731.
- How do I apply for financial aid?
Step by step instructions for applying for financial aid.
- Do I have to apply for financial aid each year?
- How do I apply for scholarships?
New student scholarships are awarded based on merit and financial need. Admitted students will automatically be considered. Students are not required to complete the FAFSA but are encouraged to do so.
- Is my scholarship guaranteed for all four years?
Yes and no. It depends on the scholarship being awarded. For more information about scholarships, please visit our Geneseo Scholarship page.
- I’ve been admitted to Geneseo, how do I know when my financial aid is complete and how do I view my financial aid award?
If Geneseo received your processed FAFSA and your financial aid package has been calculated, you should find instructions for viewing your awards on the Application Status Page. You will also receive an email letting you know when your awards are ready for viewing.
- Can I receive my Geneseo Community Scholarship if I live at home?
No, this scholarship is to assist with the cost of on campus housing. If you do not live on campus, you would no longer be eligible.