A distinctive feature of the School of Business at Geneseo is the Professional Development requirement. In today’s competitive job market, it takes more than just a diploma to land the best jobs. We are committed to helping students develop job-search and career-management and leadership skills in addition to what is learned in the classroom.
The Professional Development Certificate will be awarded upon completion of the required workshops and four elective workshops that have a focus on leadership skills.
**Additional workshops can and will be added during the academic year, check your email often for updates.**
- School of Business Orientation
- Career Exploration
- Creating a LinkedIn Account
- Introduction to Resumes
- Introduction to Interviewing Skills
- Advanced Interviewing Skills
- Networking 101: Making a Lasting Impression
- Job Search Strategies
Advanced Resume, class or a personal appointment with the Career Development Office or Professor Boyd
- 3 additional approved electives (in one's third and/or fourth year)