Alcohol and Other Drug Program
The AOD Program at Geneseo offers a number of services, including:
- Education and intervention through programs such as BASICS and Choices (see below under "Self-Test" for more).
- Individual consultations to discuss any alcohol or other drug concerns (to schedule a meeting, please call Counseling Services at 585-245-5716 ).
- Group support through SMART Recovery, Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention, and CALM, a mindfulness-based stress reduction series.
- AOD Advocacy, peer-to-peer support for students concerned about their alcohol or other drug use. For a confidential consultation, email email@example.com
- Parent resources, including the booklet, Talking with College Students About Alcohol. (Parents can find additional helpful information by visting College Parents Matter.)
Do you have concerns about your drinking or marijuana use? Take a BASICS screening (click on the logo to the left) and receive a personalized profile; your results are completely confidential.
If you have been required to take Choices or BASICS:
If you have been referred to the Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Program Coordinator Sarah Covell by the Student Conduct office, please have your referral letter when calling to schedule an appointment ( 585-245-5716). To schedule an appointment for Choices (Alcohol or Marijuana), email firstname.lastname@example.org
Geneseo’s commitment to student welfare extends to its concern for how you and your friends socialize. If you choose to socialize with alcohol, make sure you’re well informed about its effects, including alcohol's interactions with other drugs. The Safe Party site includes resources for students who attend or host parties, plus transportation and legal information. Follow the link below to see more information.
Do you know how different amounts of alcohol affect your body and brain--and differently for males/females? To get the facks, check out this Blood Alcohol Level Table.
Our AOD Coordinator Sarah Covell is also the owner of Sophie, a Certified Therapy Dog. Sarah brings Sophie to her second floor Lauderdale office on Tuesdays & Thursdays. On Thursday afternoons from 3 to 4 p.m., Sarah and Sophie visit South Village Counseling Services, Onondaga 203 South. Sophie loves students and would be happy to have you visit with her any time!