The AOD program at Geneseo offers a number of services, including:
- Education and intervention
- Individual consultations for students to discuss any alcohol or other drug concerns. To schedule, please call Counseling Services at 585-245-5716.
- Group support through LOTUS (adult children impacted by parental substance use), SMART Recosopvery, Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention, and CALM, a mindfulness-based stress reduction series.
- Parent resources, including the booklet, Talking with College Students About Alcohol. (Parents can find additional helpful information by visiting College Parents Matter).
- Referrals to OASAS-approved off-campus treatment providers, for more information, see the SAMHSA website.
COVID-19-related: Visit Truth Initiative to learn more about the connection to smoking and vaping, and resources for quitting.
BASICS and Choices
Do you have concerns about your drinking or marijuana use? Take a BASICS screening and receive a personalized profile; your results are completely confidential.
If you have been required to take Choices or BASICS:
If you have been referred for a mandated appointment by the Office of Conduct and Community Standards, you will need to use our online form at myhealth.geneseo.edu to request an appointment. You will be given the option to select whether you were referred for BASICS, Choices, or Other; this information is provided in your referral letter. If you have been referred for Choices, Sarah Covell will email you with additional requirements; you may also contact Sarah directly at email@example.com.
Geneseo’s commitment to student welfare extends to its concern for how you and your friends socialize. If you choose to socialize with alcohol, make sure you’re well informed about its effects, including alcohol's interactionswith other drugs. The Safe Party site includes resources for students who attend or host parties, plus transportation and legal information. Follow the link below to see more information.