The AOD program at Geneseo offers a number of services, including:
- Education and intervention
- Everything you need to know about cannabis
- Tobacco cessation
- Individual consultations for students to discuss any alcohol or other drug concerns. To schedule, please call Counseling Services at 585-245-5716.
- Parent resources, including the booklet, Talking with College Students About Alcohol. (Parents can find additional helpful information by visiting College Parents Matter).
- Referrals to OASAS-approved off-campus treatment providers, for more information, see the SAMHSA website.
COVID-19-related: Visit Truth Initiative to learn more about the connection to smoking and vaping, and resources for quitting.
BASICS and Choices
If you have been required to take Choices or BASICS:
If you have been referred for a mandated appointment by the Office of Conduct and Community Standards, contact Sarah directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Geneseo’s commitment to student welfare extends to its concern for how you and your friends socialize. If you choose to socialize with alcohol, make sure you’re well informed about its effects, including alcohol's interactions with other drugs. The Safe Party site includes resources for students who attend or host parties, plus transportation and legal information. See the Quick Links menu for more information.