Student Health Fee
Most services at Student Health and Counseling are covered by your Student Health Fee. This fee is part of the "Comprehensive Fee" paid by all registered students each semester (see Fall/Spring Tuition and Fees). Private health insurance is required only for student-athletes and international, exchange, or study-abroad students coming from outside of the United States. See below for details.
- What Your Student Health Fee Covers
- diagnosis and treatment
- medications provided as part of your care
- physicals related to SUNY Geneseo classes, sports, study abroad, and GFR
- flu vaccines
- initial assessment
- individual and group therapy
- urgent care/walk-in services
- consultation and outreach programs
- access to psychiatric treatment
Addictions Counseling & Prevention:
- initial assessment, including mandated assessments
- individual and group therapy
- Narcan training, Safe Party, and other programming
- outreach programming
- What is NOT Covered by Your Health Fee (Student Charges)
These are some common charges that are not covered
- Missed appointment/no-show fees (charged for each visit)
- Splints provided during a health visit:
- PPD Skin Test
- Sickle Cell Test
- TDAP Immunization
- Physicals that are not related to SUNY Geneseo (as described above)
Any and all fees associated with associated with services outside of our department, including the following:
- costs or copayments of prescriptions sent to a pharmacy
- referrals to visit specialists
- referrals to have X-rays taken
- referrals to physical or occupational therapy
- ambulance transports
- costs accrued at emergency visits to hospitals or urgent care centers
- How to Pay For Student Charges
All fees billed to your student account, for labs or other services, are to be paid directly to Student Accounts. To protect your privacy, all charges from Student Health and Counseling will appear on your student account as a general "Health Services Charge."
- Fees for Intersession/Summer Session
Students registered for classes during the intersession or summer sessions are billed the student health fee within their tuition. Your Intersession Costs and Summer Costs include a Comprehensive Fee that is changed per credit hour.
- Students required to remain on campus by Residence Life, Athletics, Orientation, Theatre, or International Students will not be assessed the health fee.
- Students who are NOT registered for classes, or required to be on campus, but would like to utilize Health and Counseling services will be billed a small Intersession or Summer Health fee.
- This one-time fee will be billed directly to their student account upon arrival to their first in-person or zoom appointment with health or counseling.
- Established Psychiatrist patients requesting a prescribed medication refill, will not be charged the interim fee.
- Should the refill request require the student to partake in a zoom visit with our Psychiatrist, the fee will be assessed and billed to their student account
This fee is valid through the entire Intersession or Summer Session.
- Private Health Insurance
Most services with Student Health & Counseling are covered by your student health fee as described above. SUNY Geneseo does NOT offer a private health insurance plan for students. Most students are not required to obtain private insurance; exceptions are described below.
Student-athletes are required to have active health insurance. Go to the Student-Athlete Medical Forms page and select Student-Athlete Insurance Information to learn more.
- International, Exchange, or Study Abroad Students
International, exchange, or study abroad students coming to the United States should contact the Campus Community Resource Nurse, Laura Evans, at evansL@geneseo.edu regarding health insurance.
If desired, you can obtain private health insurance from New York State's Health Plan Marketplace. Use this website to browse, compare, and enroll in health insurance plans. Note that you may qualify for financial assistance to reduce your costs. If you need assistance obtaining health insurance or have questions, you can call the local Health Insurance Navigator Cindy Wagner at 538-328-5190, ext. 7562 or email Cindy at email@example.com.