Center for Languages and Cultures - CLC
Location: Welles 2
Center for Languages and Cultures Mission Statement
- To provide a place where the Geneseo community (faculty, staff, students, village residents) may gather to learn about languages and cultures from around the world.
- To establish a cross-cultural bridge between communities in order to develop empathy for other cultures.
- To understand past and present cultural and linguistic diversity in order to create a better future.
- To enhance students’ professional competencies by offering opportunities to join our group of motivated volunteers.
Opportunities Available in the Center
- Support services for students studying languages other than English.
- Academic and social activities that develop cultural awareness and improve oral and/or aural proficiency.
- Research and service learning related to the Languages and Literatures Department to ensure cutting edge curriculum and professional development.
Free tutoring available at the Center for Languages and Cultures (CLC). Click here for the schedule.
Prof. Beth Adams
Prof. Rocio Vallejo-Alegre
Prof. Elizabeth McManus