Center for Research on Human Development and Adaptation
Please provide a brief description of your research interests
Work in my lab focuses broadly on the development of psychopathology. We are interested in factors that contribute to the risk for behavioral and emotional disturbance, as well as protection from it. Many of our studies examine how people cope with and adapt to the challenges they face.
Are you looking for student research assistants for the upcoming semesters?
If yes, how many students are you looking for?
Up to 8 students for Fall 2021
What semesters are you looking for?
What year do you prefer students to be?
First-year and Sophomores
In what aspects are student research assistants involved in your lab?
1. Generating ideas for new research
2. Developing research protocols for new studies
3. Training on a diverse set of lab procedures
4. Collecting data from research participants
5. Analyzing data
6. Preparing conference presentations and journal manuscripts
7. Recruiting and training new members of the lab team
What skills are you looking for in student research assistants?
Prefer students who have already taken PSYC 251. Students must specifically be interested in the kind of research we do.
Is there anything else you would like to say?
Working with students in my lab is the favorite part of my job.