Attention and Perception Lab
- Effect of visual attention on spatial and temporal processing
Are you looking for student research assistants for the upcoming semesters?
What years do you prefer students to be?
- Sophomores and Juniors
- Reading articles from the literature and discussing research ideas, writing the code to control experiments, running subjects, and analyzing the resulting data
- Interest in cognition and perception
- Good computer skills
Current Lab Members
- Ashley Edwards (class of 2017) from Marilla, NY is a senior psychology major with mathematics and cognitive science minors. This is Ashley’s sixth (and sadly last) semester working in Dr. Mounts’ lab. After Geneseo, Ashley will attend a cognitive psychology Ph.D. program at Florida State University where she will study dyslexia and work toward her career goals of being a professor with a research lab studying dyslexia.
- Gage Matyasovszky (class of 2019) from Rochester, NY is a sophomore psychology major with mathematics and cognitive science minors. In his spare time, he sings acapella with Emmelodics, which he is currently the treasurer of. After Geneseo, Gage plans to pursue research in the field of psychology.
- Megan Hillis (class of 2019) from Scotia, NY is a sophomore psychology major with a German language minor. Megan also enjoys creative writing and horseback riding. After Geneseo, Megan plans to pursue a doctorate in psychology and possible work in research.
- Anthony Nguyen (class of 2018) from Endwell, NY is a junior psychology and philosophy double major with a minor in cognitive science. Anthony plans to pursue a Ph.D. in either cognitive psychology or cognitive science and eventually conduct research of his own.