Dance Studies Program Application and Audition Information
All students who wish to minor or concentrate in Dance Studies are required to audition and be accepted to the program. The audition process is virtual. Please see the link below.
What do I have to do to enter the Dance Studies Program?
- Complete a qualifying audition as an applicant to the Minor or Concentration in Dance:
- Apply for admission to SUNY College at Geneseo following standard procedures established by the State University of New York (your High School guidance counselor can provide you with the necessary forms and instructions, or you can see the Geneseo admissions web page ). This applies to all prospective students.
Why do I need to apply?
The purposes of the interview/audition process are to assess whether your background is appropriate and sufficient for the program of study and to assess your potential to successfully complete the program.
To audition, you must complete the audition form. Within that form you must also submit a link to a video that includes:
- A short verbal introduction of yourself stating why you want to study dance at SUNY Geneseo
- A short sample of a warm up of your choice (ballet, modern, African, hip-hop, etc)
- A short (no more than four minutes) movement combination in the style of your choice (ballet, modern, African, hip-hop, etc)
When should I audition?
Dance Auditions will be reviewed as follows: For Spring admission please submit audition form by Friday, November 17, 2023. If the form is not live when you go to it, continue to check back, it will be approximately 1 month prior to the deadline.