In compliance with public health recommendations related to COVID-19, auditions during the 2020/2021 academic year will be via video All students who wish to minor or concentrate in Dance Studies are 4required to audition and be accepted to the program.
What do I have to do to enter the Dance Studies Program?
- Complete a qualifying audition as an applicant to the Minor or Concentration in Dance:
- Apply for admission to SUNY College at Geneseo following standard procedures established by the State University of New York (your High School guidance counselor can provide you with the necessary forms and instructions, or you can see the Geneseo admissions web page ). This applies to all prospective students.
When should I audition?
Dance Auditions will be reviewed: Friday, November 6, 2020 & Friday, March 26, 2021
Why do I need to apply?
- The purposes of the interview/audition process are to assess whether your background is appropriate and sufficient for the program of study and to assess your potential to successfully complete the program.
To audition, you must complete the Spring 2021 Dance Audition Form. Within that form you must also submit a link to a video that includes:
- A short verbal introduction of yourself stating why you want to study dance at SUNY Geneseo
- A short sample of a warm up of your choice (ballet, modern, Afircan, hip-hop, etc)
- A short (no more than four minutes) movement combination in the style of your choice (ballet, modern, African, hip-hop, etc)