All students who wish to minor or concentrate in Dance Studies are required to audition and be accepted to the program. The audition process is virtual. Please see the link below.
What do I have to do to enter the Dance Studies Program?
- Complete a qualifying audition as an applicant to the Minor or Concentration in Dance:
- Apply for admission to SUNY College at Geneseo following standard procedures established by the State University of New York (your High School guidance counselor can provide you with the necessary forms and instructions, or you can see the Geneseo admissions web page ). This applies to all prospective students.
When should I audition?
Dance Auditions will be reviewed: Friday, November 5, 2021 & Friday, March 25, 2022
Why do I need to apply?
- The purposes of the interview/audition process are to assess whether your background is appropriate and sufficient for the program of study and to assess your potential to successfully complete the program.
To audition, you must complete the Fall 2021 audition form (available soon). Within that form you must also submit a link to a video that includes:
- A short verbal introduction of yourself stating why you want to study dance at SUNY Geneseo
- A short sample of a warm up of your choice (ballet, modern, Afircan, hip-hop, etc)
- A short (no more than four minutes) movement combination in the style of your choice (ballet, modern, African, hip-hop, etc)