File a Complaint Against a Faculty or Staff Member

How to File an Official Complaint against a Faculty or Staff Member

Use a “SUNY Charge of Discrimination” form to file an official complaint against a faculty or staff member. Contact the Chief Diversity Officer (Doty 303) for guidance on navigating this process.

  • After you complete the form, the Chief Diversity Officer will investigate the incident and try to resolve the complaint to the mutual satisfaction of both parties.

  • If necessary, a three-person panel will investigate and make a recommendation to the President of the College.

  • The President will make a determination; the Chief Diversity Officer will notify both parties of the President’s decision.

  • If you are dissatisfied with the outcome, you may file a complaint with one or more state and federal agencies. The Chief Diversity Officer can provide information about these agencies.