Residence Life administers the College's residential housing program and offers students a variety of choices for living on campus. Among other options, students may elect to live in an all first-year building, a transfer student community, or a residential college house. All residences are open to Geneseo students. Residents may also choose to live in All-Gender housing that allows roommate and suitemate groups regardless of gender expression, gender identity, or biological sex assigned at birth.
To help students find their niche socially and academically, every residence hall has a unique community experience designed to engage and connect its residents. Each of Geneseo's Residence Halls are intentional spaces that function to contribute to student learning. Browse our housing options to find the community that's right for you.
Living on Campus During COVID-19
What does living on campus look like this fall?
- Residents will be wearing masks in the residence halls when they are outside of their rooms. This includes bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, lounges, hallways, and other common areas.
- Residence Halls will continue to be cleaned to meet NYS guidelines and CDC and DOH hygiene standards.
- All community members will need to be diligent about personal hygiene and cleanliness. Thoughtfulness about and attention to hand washing, clothes laundering, space sharing, and equipment borrowing, etc. are compulsory.
- Common spaces will be reset and fully usable by residents.
- Resident Assistant and Hall Council student engagement experiences (SEEs) will be offered in person.
- Superior Singles will continue to be available to residents at an increased rate. Medical Singles are still available through the Office of Accessibility.
- Residence Life staff will be prepared to implement an urgent move-out plan should health conditions necessitate a suspension of residential operations.
- COVID-19 Policies - violations will be documented and residents will face conduct charges.
- Visitation is limited to registered SUNY Geneseo students (both on and off campus).
Guests and Visitation - Updated August 2021
In an effort to limit exposure to COVID-19 and the Delta variant in our on campus living environments, visitation is limited to registered SUNY Geneseo students (both on and off campus) and will be monitored.
- All non-resident SUNY Geneseo students must be hosted by a SUNY Geneseo resident of that particular residence hall.
- Residence Hall access for non SUNY Geneseo students will be limited to College employees.
- After Move-In Days, parents, friends, family, and other helpers who are NOT SUNY Geneseo students will no longer be permitted to enter the residence halls.
- Depending on campus metrics (number of COVID-19 cases) the Guest/Visitation Policy will shift to allow more permissions or to remove them.
MacVittie College Union 319
One College Circle
Geneseo, NY, 14454