Residence Life administers the College's residential housing program and offers students a variety of choices for living on campus. Among other options, students may elect to live in an all first-year building, a transfer student community, or a residential college house. All residences are open to Geneseo students. Residents may also choose to live in All-Gender housing that allows roommate and suitemate groups regardless of gender expression, gender identity, or biological sex assigned at birth.
To help students find their niche socially and academically, every residence hall has a unique community experience designed to engage and connect its residents. Each of Geneseo's Residence Halls are intentional spaces that function to contribute to student learning. Browse our housing options to find the community that's right for you.
Living on Campus During COVID-19
What does living on campus look like this spring 2022?
- Residents will be wearing masks in the residence halls when they are outside of their rooms. This includes bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, lounges, hallways, and other common areas.
- Residence Halls will continue to be cleaned to meet NYS guidelines and CDC and DOH hygiene standards.
- All community members will need to be diligent about personal hygiene and cleanliness. Thoughtfulness about and attention to hand washing, clothes laundering, space sharing, and equipment borrowing, etc. are compulsory.
- Common spaces will be reset and fully usable by residents.
- Resident Assistant and Hall Council student engagement experiences (SEEs) will be offered in person.
- Superior Singles will continue to be available to residents if space is available. Medical Singles can be requested through the Office of Accessibility and offered where space is available.
- Residence Life staff will be prepared to implement an urgent move-out plan should health conditions necessitate a suspension of residential operations.
- COVID-19 Policies - violations will be documented and residents will face conduct charges.
- Residence Hall Visitation is limited to registered SUNY Geneseo residents (students who currently live on campus).
SUNY Geneseo’s COVID-19 infection rate has been low and compliance with protocols high. As a result, residents will receive full visitation privileges effective March 1, 2022. Residents may have non-student friends or family members visit your residence hall and room. Visitors and guests must follow guidelines in place at the time of their visit.
Please keep in mind that the College will continue to evaluate residence hall visitation based on the number of positive COVID-19 cases and violations of residence hall policy and student conduct. Should either increase, visitation opportunities will return to the guidelines set in place at the beginning of the semester.
More information on visitation can found here.
MacVittie College Union 319
One College Circle
Geneseo, NY, 14454