SUNY Geneseo and the Department of Residence Life are proud to offer four Summer Experience programs for incoming and returning students.
Specific program availability may vary by year.
- Apply discipline-specific knowledge and skills to place-based learning experiences
- Form connections between broad conceptual frameworks and themes (e.g., but not limited to, sustainability, politics and power, economics and social structures) and local contexts
- Engage in critical analysis and argumentation in oral discourse and written work
- Synthesize multiple content knowledge in engagement with real-world problems and issues
- Reflect upon academic experiences, assess changes in learning and outlook over time, and to make personal, professional, and civic plans based on that self-reflection
The XLRN 101 courses have 3-4 day summer components and are fall semester courses. So there is a small amount of coursework expected in the fall.
Applications for Summer 2021 will be available soon. Please check back for updates.
Grants to Attend
We do have financial grants available for students to subsidize the cost of each trip through the Summer Experience Scholarship and Grants Committee. All required paperwork for participation in a work trip must be submitted with this request.
NOTE: Students are expected to pay for trip fees if they have the resources and the grants will only cover partial funding for a given trip. Any participant is eligible to apply. Just fill out the form. Please contact Meg Reitz (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.