There is also a PDF Version of the Educational Initiatives Plan.
It is the intention of the Department of Student Life to provide and to identify opportunities for students that result in increased learning, greater self-awareness, and a clearer sense of purpose.
Our passion is the improvement of the human condition through the expansion of a caring community (Campus Life: In Search of Community, p. 47).
- To provide opportunities for students to learn, interact, lead, reflect, program, question, and have fun (How College Affects Students, p. 647).
- To provide safe and inviting places where the college community can gather to engage, live, and flourish.
- To provide commonly shared experiences that promote belonging and connectedness with a mutual respect for the unique contributions of each individual.
There are six components of our Departmental Curriculum:
(1) Educational Priority
The Department of Student Life develops socially responsible citizens who build positive relationships as engaged learners.
(2) Learning Goals
- Each student will become a socially responsible citizen.
- Each student will build positive relationships with people in the community.
- Each student will aspire to be an engaged learner.
(5) Educational Plans and Strategies for Learning (see below)
Educational Plans for Residents, Students, Student Staff, and Professional Staff
Strategies for Learning
- Student Enrichment Experiences (SEEs)
- Community Dialogues
- Bulletin Boards
- Social Media
- Resident Assistant and Advanced Peer Leader Courses
- Staff Meetings
- In Service
- Support Walk-In Hours
- 1 on 1s
- Common Read
- Professional Development Workshops
- 1 on 1s
- Team Meetings
- End of the Year Report