Your Path to Excellence
At the SUNY Geneseo School of Business we pride ourselves on excellence. We attract outstanding students who choose the forward-looking curricular and co-curricular programs we offer here, and our graduates go on to be highly successful.
The School of Business offers:
Master's Program: Accounting program
What our students have to say about Geneseo and the Business Excellence Program.
Innovative Curricular and Co-curricular programs
- AACSB accredited curriculum since 2001, with ongoing innovations.
- Required 4-year Professional Development Program, continuously responding to employee feedback.
- A Career Advisor dedicated to School of Business students.
- Award winning Entrepreneurship program.
- One World Class Trading Room, equipped with Bloomberg terminals.
- Certifications in: Bloomberg, Salesforce.com, Anaplan and Social Media Marketing.
Award Winning Faculty
- One faculty was awarded the SUNY Distinguished Teaching Professorship.
- One faculty was awarded the SUNY Distinguished Professorship (research).
- Four faculty have won the prestigious SUNY Chancellor's Award for Teaching.
- Three faculty have won the prestigious SUNY Chancellor's Award for Scholarly Activity.
Our Faculty Bring Real Business Experience to the Classroom
Robert Boyd, Finance: Mr. Boyd’s extensive experience in business and industry has enabled him to bring to his finance courses keen problem-solving skills developed during his 30-plus years in accounting and financial management. Professional experiences include: Senior Vice President & District Executive at HSBC Bank USA, and CPA Private Practice. For more information and a video interview, visit Professor Robert Boyd's page.
Michelle Staebell, Accounting: Staebell obtained her CPA license and went directly into public accounting, working for several regional CPA firms in the Rochester area. She began her own accounting and tax preparation service, Towner Taxes, which she continues to operate while teaching at Geneseo. Staying directly involved with the tax world allows her to bring up-to-the minute knowledge into her classroom. For more information and a video interview, visit Professor Michelle Staebell's page.
Jeffrey Gutenberg, Marketing: Gutenberg has conducted numerous marketing research projects for a variety of well-known companies such as Xerox, Goodyear, Kodak and ESL Federal Credit Union. In addition, he did a variety of pro bono marketing research work for non-profit organizations, including the Coalition to Prevent Lead Poisoning, which helped spur a decline in area lead poisoning cases. For more information and a video interview, visit Professor Jeffrey Gutenberg's page.
James Quinn, Business Admin: Quinn's 35-year legal career encompassed working as a prosecuting attorney for Monroe County, practicing litigation, corporate and business law in Rochester, and representing large corporations. Quinn is a pre-law advisor in the School of Business. For more information and a video interview, visit Professor James Quinn's page.
Our Alumni are CONNECTED!
See the numbers: (some activities on hold during pandemic)
- Alumni on campus, Executive-in-Residence visits - - 8 to 10/year
- Student trips to visit New York City - - 2/year
- On campus student/alumni conferences - - 3/year
- On campus School of Business alumni activities - - ongoing weekly
- Business Advisory Council Members (BAC) Western NY & NYC: 50
- Alumni Connections Council Members (ACC) Western NY & NYC: 40
- What I Know Now video series with advice from Geneseo alumni
Video of current School of Business students networking with successful Alumni.
The Power of Geneseo Alumni Connections for Careers
Hear some alumni perspectives...
Mengel Metzger Barr
Michelle Cain '94,
Eva Campanis '17,
QCI Asset Management
Kevin Gavagan '75,
Gregory Tedone '10,
Retirement Plan Consultant
Dejoy, Knauf & Blood
Mollene Benison '97,
Corey Dennis '12,
Steve Sauer '89,
Chris Martusewicz '07,