A distinctive feature of the School of Business at Geneseo is the Professional Development requirement. In today’s competitive job market, it takes more than just a diploma to land the best jobs. We are committed to helping students develop job-search and career-management and leadership skills in addition to what is learned in the classroom.
The Business Leadership Certificate will be awarded upon completion of the required workshops and four elective workshops that have a focus on leadership skills.
**Additional workshops can and will be added during the academic year, check your email often for updates.**
- School of Business Orientation (Offered: 9/4/18, 9/5/18)
- Career Exploration (Offered: 9/5/18, 10/2/18, 11/27/18)
- Creating a LinkedIn Account (Offered: 10/1/18, 10/24/18, 12/6/18)
- Writing Resumes and Cover Letters that get you an interview (Offered: 10/1/18, 10/24/18, 12/6/18)
- Introduction to Interviewing Skills (Offered: 9/19/18, 10/18/18)
- Advanced Interviewing Skills (Offered: 9/27/18, 12/3/18)
- Networking 101: Making a Lasting Impression (Offered: 9/13/18, 10/4/18, 11/8/18)
- Job Search Strategies (Offered: 10/10/18, 10/29/18, 11/1/18)
Addition of four elective workshops that focus on leadership skills.
- BLC Elective 1
- BLC Elective 2
- BLC Elective 3
- BLC Elective 4