- What do I need to purchase a parking decal?
- Valid vehicle registration
- Identification (College ID or driver's license)
- Payment (cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover)
- All unpaid tickets must be paid before a parking decal can be purchased
- What do I do if the Parking Services Office is closed?
You may obtain a temporary parking decal from University Police in Schrader Hall, Room 19, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Where do I display my parking decal?
Your decal must be permanently affixed to the exterior of the driver's side rear passenger seat window.
- What if I haven't received my registration for my new car?
Bring in the temporary registration (or a photo of it) to the Parking Services Office to obtain a parking decal or temporary parking permit. Remember ~ all lots on campus require a parking permit.
- Where do I pay my parking ticket?
Snail Mail: Parking & Transportation, 1 College Circle, Schrader Hall Room 19, Geneseo, NY 14454. Check/money order payable to SUNY Geneseo.
In Person: Schrader Hall, Room 19. Open Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm. Visa, Mastercard, Discover, cash or check/money order. A payment dropbox is available after hours.
Online via AIMS Web: you will need to know the ticket & license plate number. Visa or Mastercard accepted.
- Can I park at a meter with a parking decal and not insert coins into the meter?
No, payment is necessary at all meters; US quarters only ($.25 for 15 minutes). If a meter is malfunctioning, please contact University Police for repair at 585-245-5651.
- There wasn't a sign where I parked...
Acceptable parking areas are indicated by posted signs or pavement markings. Parking is only authorized in posted areas.
- If I have a different vehicle for the day, do I need a parking permit?
Yes, you may obtain a temporary parking permit Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM from the Parking Services Office or 24 hours per day, seven days per week from the University Police Department. Both are located in Schrader 19.
- I have to load/unload items from my car, Where can I park?
All residence halls have loading docks with a 20 minute time limit. Special parking permission may be granted by the University Police or the Parking Services Office for emergencies or extraordinary circumstances by calling 585-245-5651 or x5978.
- I received a ticket but I feel it is unjust, What can I do about it?
You have the right to appeal the ticket within five (5) business days of the charged violation by completing an Appeal Form.
- I bought a new vehicle, can I transfer my current parking decal?
No, you need a new parking decal. Parking decals are not transferable. A nominal fee will be charged for the new parking decal.
- Can first year students have vehicles on campus?
Yes, all students may bring a vehicle to campus. Permits can be obtained online or in the Parking office.