Skip to main content

Student Handbook

Alphabetical Listing

A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | R | S | T | U | V | W

Parental Involvement :: Parking :: Payment :: Photocopiers :: Police

Parental Involvement

The Geneseo Parent Council, a small group of parent volunteers, serves as an advisory board to the College, representing the parents of Geneseo students. Parent Council members assist with admissions recruitment, fundraising, new student/family orientation, student scholarship application review, and other key projects. For additional information on the Parent Council, contact the Office of Parent Relations  at (585) 245-5570.


All individuals associated with the College must register their motor vehicles at the Parking Services Office in Schrader Hall Room 19. There is a charge of $120.00 per registration for the academic year (Fall, Spring, and Summer sessions); $62.50 for one semester (Fall or Spring); $20 for Summer session. Vehicle registrations, and faculty staff or student IDs or tuition receipts are required to register vehicles.

All vehicles must be parked in lots designated by the permit issued. Individuals must obtain permission from University Police to park in loading zones. Illegally parked vehicles will receive a parking summons and may be towed. Each violation has a $15.00 to $50.00 fine imposed.

Temporary permits may be obtained at the University Police Department 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Permanent handicapped parking permits must be obtained from the student’s Village or Town Clerk of residency. Illegal parking in handicapped or reserved spaces will result in a $25.00 - $50.00 fine, and may result in the vehicle being towed.

For parking policies, procedures, and other information, visit


See Bills.


See CO/PA Photocopier.


University Police staff members work with the Campus community to create a safe environment in which to live, work and learn. The department is primarily service-oriented, created to meet the specialized needs of a college campus. The work of the department includes crime prevention and control, criminal investigations, traffic and parking supervision, physical plant security, emergency first aid treatment, maintenance of public order and related activities.

University Police officers are responsible for the enforcement of all state and local laws as well as the rules and regulations of the College. The department provides a sensitive, measured approach to all situations requiring police assistance. Officers are on duty 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. Emergency calls to the department may be made by dialing 5222 or by utilizing one of the emergency blue light telephones located at various places on campus.

University Police at Geneseo submits monthly crime reports to the Department of Criminal Justice Services through the Office of State University of New York Public Safety. These data are then submitted to the United States Department of Justice for the Uniform Crime Report. For information regarding crime statistics, refer to University Police’s Crime and Campus Safety - Your Right-To-Know brochure or go to