- SUNY Geneseo Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- World Health Organization's Coronavirus disease
- New York State Department of Health’s Novel Coronavirus
- SUNY COVID-19 Case Tracker
- COVID-19 Financial Survival Kit for New Yorkers
Employee Surveillance Pooled Testing
SUNY Geneseo is committed to the health and safety of our campus community. In a continued effort to monitor for the presence of SARS-COV-2 (COVID 19) in our campus population, we are continuing to conduct pooled testing. For more information about pooled testing please see the Frequently Asked Questions page. This will allow us to quickly identify and address potential outbreaks within our campus population.
All employees with an on-campus presence are required to test weekly throughout the spring semester starting the week of 2/8/2021. You will receive an email from a Human Resources staff member with testing dates, available times and instructions on how to sign up. If you have not received this email and you have an on-campus presence, please contact Heather Orme at email@example.com. Employees are required to complete the pooled testing process in accordance with agreements between SUNY and the unions. Surveillance testing will be held in Sturges Hall. You will enter through the main doors to check-in and then be directed to the appropriate room. The closest parking to Sturges is Lot B.
Be sure to bring your user id and password that you created when you registered for your COVID-19 Surveillance account. On the day of testing, you will want to bring up your account on your smartphone or tablet and have it ready when you arrive. Here is the link: https://www.suny-covid-test.
***If you don't have a smartphone or tablet, don't worry! There will be an HR team member at the testing site to help you.***
REMINDER - Prior to testing you:
- must not eat or drink anything, including chewing gum, mints or lozenges within 30 minutes of reporting for your test;
- should not have brushed your teeth or used mouthwash within the past 3 hours;
- must abstain from smoking, vaping, or using smokeless tobacco products for 30 minutes prior to the test.
Please call Environmental Health & Safety if you need a face-covering provided to you. Should you have questions or need more direction provided to you, please contact the Environmental Health & Safety at 585-245-5512
- SUNY Geneseo Face Mask Policy
- Use of cloth face coverings
- How to create a face mask
- How to wear a face mask
- How to properly put on and take off a face mask
- How to properly clean a face mask
COVID-19 Visitor Policy and Visitors Screening Questionnaire
- COVID-19 Visitor Policy
- Visitor COVID Screening Questionnaire
Coordinators are responsible for providing their visitor(s) with this form for completion and signature. The Visitor Coordinator must forward the completed form to Human Resources & Payroll Services on the day of the visit.
How to Locate a COVID-19Testing Site & Evaluation Protocols
Employees can use the search engine below to locate a COVID-19 testing site near their home by entering their address at https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find-test-site-near-you In addition, the following locations in Livingston and Monroe counties have testing sites. Please call the testing site or your healthcare provider before you go for testing. Testing Locations:
- Livingston County - UR/Noyes - Geneseo, Dansville. DOH Mt. Morris.
- Monroe County - Urgent Cares - Immediate Care, UR Medicine Urgent Care,Henrietta. UR Urgent Care, Pittsford, Wellnow Urgent Care Fairport, NYSDOH Monroe Community College. Trillium, Highland Hospital, Strong ED, Some pharmacies - Rite Aid on Goodman.
If you go to a test site run by New York State, there is never any charge for your test. If you go to a test site operated by local governments, private companies including pharmacies and medical practices, or not-for-profit organizations, you are advised to check with the testing site and your insurer in advance of being tested to confirm you will not be responsible for any fees associated with your test.
Geneseo Student Volunteers help test for COVID
Return to Work Resources
- New York State Return to Work Training Video (Password: employeesback)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) during COVID-19 Pandemic
Employees whose health condition falls within one of the CDC high-risk categories or is pregnant may seek a temporary COVID-19 workplace adjustment using the SUNY Geneseo Reasonable Accommodation request process located in the Office of Diversity and Equity webpage.
Health and Wellness
- CDC - How to Protect Yourself
- CDC - What to Do if You are Sick
- COVID-19 Steps to Prevent Illness
- Health and Counseling webpage
- Noyes Mental Health and Wellness Services
- Care Resources