Links, Resources & Community Partners
- Geneseo Village Police Department
- Geneseo Fire Department
- Geneseo First Response (GFR)
- Healthy Campus Community Coalition (HC3)
- New York State Police - Campus Sexual Assault Victims Unit
- Advisory Committee on Campus Safety
- Office of Victim Services
- Public Access Defibrillation
- Sex Offender Registry
- Student Reporting of Bias-Related Incidents
Sexual Assault & Violence Resources
- Date Rape Drugs: What You Need to Know
- If Someone You Know Has Been Sexually Assaulted
- Peer Advocacy Program
- Sexual & Interpersonal Violence Bill of Rights
- Sexual Assault Focus on Education (SAFE)
- SUNY Geneseo Sexual Violence Response Policy
- SUNY Sexual Assault & Violence Response (SAVR)
- Title IX Office
Personal Safety Apps
Please make sure you add the University Police Department emergency phone number, (585) 245-5222, to your emergency phone contacts. You can also dial 9-1-1 to reach the Geneseo Police Department while off-campus.
The Silent Witness program is a way to anonymously provide the University Police Department with information regarding suspicious or criminal activity that has occurred either on-campus or off-campus.
The personal safety apps below are not endorsed by the University Police Department, but you may find them to be helpful.
- One Scream - If you're in danger and can't reach your phone, you can scream to automatically trigger the app. A text message and an automated call with your location is then sent to your customized contact.
- bSafe - Your customized network of "guardians" can follow you home via GPS trace; and if there's an emergency, you can hit the alarm to send your exact location to your guardians while recording audio and video from your phone.
- Snapchat Snap Map - Choose specific friends to share your location with.
- Find My (iPhone users only) - Use the People tab to share your location with friends and family so you can keep in touch, coordinate, or know when a family member has arrived home safely.
The Geneseo Guardian app was discontinued effective October 18, 2021.